Saturday 31 July 2010

L'oreal Studio Secrects Resurfacing Primer

GRRR!!! Hate this product!
Ok maybe hate is too strong of a word, but I really dislike it! Normally I use the Anti-Shine Primer from this range, but when no Boots near me had it in stock and I was in desperate need for primer, I thought, why not take a chance and give it a whirl...

Shouldn't have bothered! It retails for £12.99, whereas my normal one is £9.99, and its certainly NOT worth the extra few pounds!

It applies nicely to the face, very smooth, but its when I start to apply my make up, that the let down kicks in! Normally, I will get out of the shower, tone and moisturise my face and then prime a couple of minutes before I intend to start doing my make up, not with this, I need to leave it alot longer before I can apply anything else to my face.

I start off by doing my concealer, applying it under my eyes and to cover up any discolouration or blemishes, once I start to blend, it sticks to the Primer, and doesn't let go! so instead of blending it in and having a smooth finish to my concealer, it ends up streaky, and just being moved around my face, for the most part if you keep working with it, it will blend, eventually, but sometimes we just don't have the luxury of time! I'm glad I don't wear foundation in the summer, because goodness only knows what blending this would be like! Mayhem would be my guess! By the time I come to apply my tinted moisturiser it has been absorbed to my skin sufficiently enough not to cause any problems, but the amount of time between first application and when its "safe" to apply my concealer is ridiculous, I don't want to spend an extra 10 minutes waiting for a product to be absorbed into my skin, I just want to get the job done, and get on with my day!

I'm trying to finish the little jar up, but a little goes a long way, so in the month I have been using it, I have hardly made a dent in it! I definitely wont be buying this again, and in future if Boots don't have the anti-shine in, I will either find another brand, or wait until I can get my hands on a tube!

A bit of a waste of money in my opinion! if you have tried this product, let me know your thoughts, did you find the same? or could it just be my skin type/me not being patient enough!?

No comments:

Post a Comment