Thursday 3 March 2011

Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner

LOVE!!!

Fantastically pigmented, easy to apply and affordable, need I say more?
Well probably yes, as that doesn't really give a great review, to which this product, in my opinion, really deserves!!!

This is a new release from drugstore staple Maybelline, a brand I seem to have a fairly love/hate relationship with, but of late has done nothing but impress me! Retailing at £7.99 its currently available as an introductory price of £5.99, and is definitely worth a look at. Due to the fact I'm so torn over the brand itself, I was slightly skeptical over their version of a gel eyeliner, but having done and swatch on my hand once purchased (slightly backwards I know!) and the fact it seemed to have real staying power, I was excited to try it on my eyes!


So far I have used it to do winged eyeliner, which the only flaw is that if you make a mistake, its tough to remove without a makeup remover, and to just applied across the tops of my lids. It's true test will be when I'm back in London in a few weeks for a night out, false lashes, heat, and the inevitable sleeping with make up on after a heavy night out!

It comes with a brush, which I expected to be a bit rubbish, I tend to always throw away any applicators makeup comes with, but this brush is nice and sturdy, and because of its design it means you can quickly do either a very slimline, or a wider one, depending on what takes your fancy. I have yet to try the product with my MAC 210 brush, but hopefully it wont let me down!
I'm so impressed with not only this product, but the mascara Maybelline released along side the eyeliner, its called 'One by one', now although I haven't used this yet on myself, my sister bought a tube, and she is a very dedicated L'oreal Million Lashes mascara, we were both amazed as to how defined and volumised her lashes looked after one coat. With my 'Pulse Perfection' mascara increasingly difficult to find in this little town, I may be getting myself a tube soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment