Wednesday 28 April 2010

A full day of pampering!!!

Last Wednesday I was lucky enough to accompany my aunt to the Sancutuary Spa in Covent Garden, she had been given 2 vouchers for her birthday last year, and wouldn't have time to use both of them before her birthday this year (when they expired).

Having decided on a date, I then had the chance to chose my 2 treatments! This was a tough choice!! In the end I went for the Sanctuary Brightening Facial, which is supposed to restore the natural luminosity of your complexion and revitalise your skin. As corny as it sounds, I noticed a difference pretty soon after the treatment!!!!!!!! Even a week after my skin still looks great *happy dance!* For my 2nd treatment of the day I knew I wanted a massage, as I have been having alot of problems with the muscles in my neck recently! Having thought for a while and read all the options I went for the Soothing La Sultane Full Body Massage, which according to the website: This extremely nourishing, hydrating and stress-relieving massage uses shea butter and a choice of essential oils to suit your mood. A blissful body massage leaves you in a deep stage of relaxation. I was told it would me so relaxed it was the equivalent of having 2 hours sleep! AHHHH!!!! I was excited!!

I met my aunt at 9:30 for opening time of the spa, you go through the store to a staircase at the back (a bit weird) but at the top of the staircase is the reception area, which looks amazing!!! You get met with a glass (ok a plastic cup) of either Orange juice, Apple juice or water, and then they check you in for the day. The receptionist was very helpful, they give you your own little timetable, map, medical forms etc, they then show you where the changing rooms are. In your locker is a robe, towel and a bag to tote your reading material in or whatever you want to take in with you (no mobiles/mp3s or cameras are allowed).

Once changed we went down to the 'Koi Carp Lounge', filled in all our medical forms etc, we then started our spa experience, lunch wasn't until 12:15 and our facials were at 1:30, so we had PLENTY of time to explore, making full use of the steam rooms, swimming pools and jacuzzi!! We then spent about an hour relaxing and reading before lunch!!

Lunch in itself was amazing!! I had a lamb steak which was unreal! I loved it! Then a chocolate tart with pistachio ice cream for desert!! It was then time for our facials! After our 50 minute facial we were booked into the 'Sleep Retreat', this is a room where they have low frequency VIBRATING beds!! To me this is the strangest concept ever!!The experience lasts 25 mins and they also play some woman telling you meditation techniques, although I didn't fall asleep in there, it certainly was relaxing!!!!

We then had about an hour to waste until our massages at 4:30, so we did more swimming and steam rooming!! We then went our separate ways for our 50 min massages! I was SO relaxed in mine I nearly fell asleep! I do find however whenever I have a full body massage I can never relax when I'm lying on my back!!!!!

After our massages we had an hour or so until closing, so we read and relaxed more, before showering, collecting our free gift and making our way home! I'm so pleased my aunt took me with her, and it was certainly a great day! If anyone would like to give me a voucher for my 21st, I certainly wouldn't complain!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment